The Transonic is the culmination of years of aero engineering in the A2 Wind Tunnel. It is the epitome of all knowledge gained and lessons learned channeled into an aero road bike that is a no-compromise machine built for the pursuit of speed with control and achieved through optimum stiffness and stable steering geometry. The Transonic slips through the wind while putting every watt of power you generate to the ground to get you to the line first.
- Designed using Computational Fluid Dynamics in conjunction with wind-tunnel testing to create a class-leading aerodynamic frame.
- Direct-mount front and rear brakes remove the excess material of a carrier plate, allowing for better frame integration, improved aerodynamics and increased brake stiffness and control.
- Headtube angle and fork offset were carefully chosen to be within the optimal range of trail adjusted throughout the size range to ensure stable steering and confidence-inspiring handling.
- Asymmetrical, oversized Energy Transfer Chainstays (ETC) offset drivetrain-induced torque by maintaining lateral stiffness and displacing power more evenly through the frame.
- Internal cable routing for mechanical and Di2 systems including an internal Di2 battery integrated into the seat post.
- Integrated chain watcher ensures smooth shifts without the risk of dropping the chain to the inside of the crank.
XXS (46cm), XS (49cm), S (52cm), M (54cm)
CARBON / CITRUS
C5 high-modulus carbon, integrated head tube w/ 1 1/2″ lower, PF30 BB, double water bottle mounts
FC-440 carbon w/ tapered carbon steerer
Oval Concepts 500, forged 6066 arms, M30 spindle, forged Praxis 52/36T rings
Praxis conversion bottom bracket
Shimano Ultegra, braze-on mount
Shimano Ultegra, 11-speed
Shimano Ultegra, STI, 11-speed
Shimano 105, 11-28T, 11-speed
KMC X11, 11-speed w/ MissingLink
Oval Concepts 327, 700c 20/24H rims
Vittoria Zaffiro Pro Slick, 700 x 25c, 60tpi, folding
Shimano 105 direct-mount
Shimano Ultegra, STI
FSA, 1 1/8″ upper – 1 1/2″ lower, integrated
Oval Concepts 310 Ergo, 6061 alloy, 31.8mm clamp, 133mm drop, 4° sweep
Oval Concepts 313, 3D-forged 6061 stem body, +/-7°
Oval Concepts 300 bar tape, suede
Oval Concepts 500 with pressure relief zone, cromo rail
Transonic aero carbon, 300mm (46-52cm), 350mm (54-61cm)
17.96 lbs. / 8.15 kg.